Creative technology professional, with broad experience in web development and client management, has defined goal of using drive, energy, communication skills and analytical ability to improve the quality of the user experience.
- 11/2012 - PresentUX Analyst and UI Developer, Dealertrack (Cox Automotive) - Groton, CT
- Emphasized user-centered design throughout Agile development cycles, creating prototypes in CSS, Bootstrap and JQuery, writing competitive analyses, conducting usability tests, and advising product owners on UX practices.Implemented Atomic Design patterns in HTML and CSS, which helped team think of the UI in terms of reusable fragments and patterns, instead of unique screens.
- Implemented Atomic Design patterns in HTML and CSS, which helped team think of the UI in terms of reusable fragments and patterns, instead of unique screens.
- Interviewed applicants, wrote presentations and process documentation, trained new-hires, critiqued screen designs, and trained developers in valid UI code output.
- 8/2009 - 11/2012 Usability Analyst, Progeny Systems - Groton, CT
- Created UIs from concept through production, user-testing wireframes, mockups, and prototypes.
- Published a comprehensive style guide, resulting in greater efficiency and consistency across the application.
- Collaborated with HCI experts from NUWC, fleet nuclear engineers, and crewmembers, facilitating techniques like brainstorming, whiteboarding ideation, usability tests, card sorts, and walkthroughs to evolve the application design.
- Wrote proposals as a business analyst and user experience specialist for Small Business Innovation Research grants, involving detailed personas, technology and partner sourcing, cost benefit analyses, emerging technology architecture, and solution design for concepts like 3d battlespace visualization, and web-based PTSD therapy.
Managed content inventory projects requiring a “Secret” United States government security clearance.
- 12/2007 - 5/2009 Web Designer / CSS Architect, Intertech Media - Stamford, CT
- Collaborated to design interactive music poll and other site “widgets” for over 900 radio station clients on a CMS that let users “skin” the design for target radio audiences, ranging from K-Rock, to Country 93.
- Managed a "Google Search Appliance" which sent custom search results via XML and HTML to 900+ client sites.
- Standardized and optimized CSS architecture, enabling flexibility in branding, reducing size and DOM traversal by about 90%. This also conserved bandwidth and increased performance for nearly 1000 sites on the PHP-based CMS.
- Mentored PHP developers in best practices for valid and lean HTML, CSS output.
- 2001 - 2006 Web Producer, Madison Pixl Company, LLC - Guilford, CT
- Managed clients, proposals, projects and expectations, to produce and maintain dozens of web sites, primarily on a LAMP stack, increasing project portfolio and customer base primarily through referrals.
- Created distance learning courses in Flash, PHP, and MySQL using UCD principals, from proposal through implementation, in collaboration with Adult Education SMEs. This resulted in accolades and follow-on projects for a robust rich content Learning Management System.
- Provided guidance and leadership as the main point of contact for web development, SEO, and web marketing, resulting in long term relationships with dozens of small and medium-sized businesses.
- B.S. Corporate Communications
- Southern Connecticut State University
- Dean's List, 3.79 GPA in Major
Certifications and Workshops
- AngularJS Workshop, 2015
- Boston, MA
- JQuery World, Conference (Founding Member/ VIP Attendee), 2012
- Portland, OR
- Certified Usability Analyst, 2011
- Human Factors International, Denver, CO 2011
- Cisco Certified Networking Academy Instructor
- Southwest College, San Diego, CA, 2000
Consulting & Additional Experience
- Webmaster, Capitol Region Education Council - Hartford, CT
- Managed web effort to increase traffic 1,000-fold, to 250,000 unique visitors each month, within one year.
- Generated business by driving the implementation, instructing, co-managing and promoting, the region’s first Cisco Networking Academy.
- Managed interns, assistants, and various contributing developers to take CREC's website from a single page, to include over 40 unique programs.
- Taught web site creation classes to educators and Teacher Leaders, using tools like Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Dreamweaver and HTML.
- Web UI Consultant, Hartford Life - Hartford, CT
- Developed UIs and process flows for web-based financial reporting and data-capture.
- Wrote business case for improved process flow which drove implementation for a solution which would save millions of dollars.
- Led client contact, and programmer coordination for project implementation.
- Solutions Engineer, Liberty Solutions Group - Madison, CT
- Designed, proposed and implemented innovative web-based applications that gave a better situational view of facility energy management.
- Author / Editor, Brainbench.com
- Created and edited questions for an Adobe Dreamweaver online assessment.
- Authored questions for a CSS3 online assessment.
- Author - HTML for Everyone™
- Authored three book series on HTML instruction for elementary grade students.
- Created methodology and magnetic manipulatives to illustrate concept before code.
- User Experience Analysis
- Usability Design & Testing
- Project/Personnel Management
- Leadership, Mentoring, Coaching
- Corporate Communication
- Content Writing
- Proposal & Grant Writing
- Web Design
- Multimedia Authoring
- Semantic HTML
- Web Application Development
- Search Engine Optimization
- Adobe Creative Suite:
Dreamweaver, Photoshop, After Effects, Illustrator, Flash
- Sketch, Balsamiq
- JQuery, Mustache
- Eclipse, Brackets
- Grunt, Bower, NPM, NodeJS
- Bootstrap, Material, SASS
- SQL Server
- Microsoft Office